PRINCE2 is a process-based approach for project management; providing a scalable and easily tailored methodology for the management of large and small projects.
Each process of a PRINCE2 project is defined with its key inputs and outputs together with the specific aims to be achieved and activities to be undertaken.
The following diagram and explanations of the PRINCE2 processes will help you when managing projects with PRINCE2.
Read the rest of “PRINCE2 Process Model”
In this video Marco Cattaneo discusses the 7 key themes used in PRINCE2.
The 7 PRINCE2 themes are:
- The Business Case theme establishes whether a project is viable and achievable
- The Organisation theme establishes who is responsible for what in the project
- The Quality theme defines how the project will create a product that is fit for purpose.
- The Plans theme facilitates the focus for communication and control throughout the project.
- The Risk theme looks at uncertainties are managed within the project.
- The Change theme establishes how to identify, assess and control changes from the original baselined project objectives
- The Progress theme establishes how to monitor and evaluate the project’s plans.
Great Free PRINCE2 Training Resource free to download to your Mobile.
How to Manage a Prince2 Project. The information makes a great free PRINCE2 Resource and covers the following:
- What is PRINCE2
- What makes projects different
- The key features of PRINCE2
- Benefits of using PRINCE2
- Themes in PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 Plans
- PRINCE2 approach to plans
- Risk Management
- PRINCE2 Approach to Risk management
- Risk Management procedure
- PRINCE2 approach to quality
- Configuration Management
- PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting Up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Closing a Project