PRINCE2® proposes a Project Management Team Structure consisting of:
- Executive – Ultimately accountable for the projects success and is the key decision maker who is responsible for the business case.
- Senior User – responsible for specifying the needs of the user, committing user resources and specifying benefits and ensuring they are realised.
- Senior Supplier – represents the interests of those designing, developing, facilitating, procuring and implementing the projects products. This role is accountable for the quality of the products delivered by the suppliers.
- Project Assurance (Optional) – for each member of the Project Board, one or more people can be selected to act on behalf of the Board member. This role is responsible for monitoring all aspects of the project’s performance and products independently of the Project Manager.
- Change Authority – an authority for approving or rejecting requests for change or off-specifications.
- Project Manager – who will manage the work on the project on a day to day basis and report directly to the Project Board.
- Team Managers (Optional) – ensures the production of those products allocated by the Project Manager.
- Project Support (Optional) – who will provide a support role to the Project Manager and Team Manager as well as act as Configuration Librarian.
Note While some of these roles are optional, the responsibilities are not. If these roles are not allocated, then the responsibilities default to the next level of management above them.